Garlic is a very powerful food to treat a large number of health problems, in addition to its irresistible aroma and flavor, this food can be used as part of a natural treatment to stimulate the body's defenses, improve the appearance of our skin and help us deal with infections, among many other healthy contributions to our health.
There are few foods as complete as garlic. It is characterized by bringing a few benefits to our body. Garlic has a controversial reputation. And it is that although it is a tasty ingredient in our meals, we all know that eating it sometimes brings certain details, such as bad breath or heartburn, among others.
But 'you have to know how to eat garlic ', the grandmothers would say. If we know its secrets we can avoid certain uncomfortable situations and, instead, if we take advantage of its inexhaustible qualities. In this note we will tell you everything about this particular bulb.
Garlic is a powerful food
All in one. We should not be surprised if we say that this food in its small morphology contains water, carbohydrates, calcium, sulfur, zinc, potassium, phosphoric acid, copper and vitamins A, B1, B2 and C. Because we would not be describing it completely. This toothy plant is an important natural antibiotic, a characteristic that the Egyptians already knew long before the birth of Christ. They used it to heal from heart disease, to intestinal parasites, among other ills.
Garlic is a food to prevent diseases
Later, the Frenchman Louis Pasteur was able to scientifically prove that in Egypt they were right, and confirmed that garlic is an important antibacterial. But over the years this food continued to be talked about, since the Swiss doctor Arthur Stoll discovered that among its components, one of the most important is Aliin, from which Allicin derives, the substance that has the famous bactericidal power.
However, this delicious ingredient does its best when eaten raw. There is even a saying that goes: "cooked garlic, lost garlic." Because to obtain all its qualities we must ingest it as it comes out of the earth (but without its skin).
· It has fungicidal, antibacterial and purifying properties. For the blood it is an important anticoagulant, vasodilator and purifier.
· By improving circulation, it prevents arteriosclerosis, cholesterol, high triglycerides and reduces hypertension. Study Supports Garlic's Lowering Effects on Cholesterol -
· Reduces lumbago and arthritis.
· It is a good anti-inflammatory.
· It has a decongestant effect, because it deflates the bronchial tubes. It can also be used as an expectorant.
· It has healing properties for the skin.
· Increases insulin level, lowering blood sugar.
· Increases the level of serotonin in the brain, a substance that fights depression and stress.
· Stimulates the body's defenses. How to get your kids to eat more garlic to prevent illness?
· Finally, a study from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that people who consume raw garlic have half the risk of stomach cancer and two-thirds the risk of colorectal cancer.
To avoid problems with your breath, you can chew a few sprigs of parsley, some coffee beans and drink green or mint tea.
If you have diabetes, a sudden rise in blood sugar may be related to your diet. When you eat carbohydrate foods, which include starches, fruit, milk and sweets, your body breaks them down into sugar. If you're eating too many carbs at a meal, your blood sugars may rise rapidly. Or if you're eating carbs that digest quickly, referred to as high-glycemic foods, you may see a sudden rise in blood sugar.